Greedy Goblin

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Weekend silliness: new GRR finances and dumb scammer

As you probably know, Lemmings are moving to nullsec, freeing up their wardec costs. What shall I do with that money?
Goons keep saying that it's waste of time as only idiots come to highsec. Well, they have a lot of those. By the way, shouldn't famous guy be in The Bastion already?


My titan bounty made Goons really mad. Not only they are raging on page 18 already on the forums, but a bright creature tried to scam me for titan bounty. Google search suggestions gave interesting results to his name, but I proceeded with negotiations, but he didn't make much sense:

A Modest Proposal.
From: Scooter McCabe
Sent: 2014.05.28 02:30
To: Gevlon Goblin

Hi,

I can get you two titans to die on the same day and location.  One of which was a gift to The Mittani and considered his personal "flag ship."  I have the ability to offline the POS they are stationed in, provide you the time they are logging on for a major op, provide you with no less than 3 cynos.  I can also provide you with the fleet comps if you think you can scoop them up as well.  If you can't I can also offline the jump bridge into the system so they are helpless.  I also have a twitch stream you may privately use during the occassion that regularly has 30k followers when I broadcast.

If this is appealing to you here is what it will cost you.  Whether or not you decide to take on the fleet or just want me to isolate the Titans it will be 120 billion.  Since we are both in the business of making sure we get what we want here is how I propose we both conclude this transaction to our maxium satisfaction.

You will play me in 4 installments:
1.  You decide to hire me, you pay me 30 billion up front.  I handle the arrangements as previously mentioned you simply have the hired guns needed to show up.
2.  Upon safely landing in the designated system you will pay me another 30 billion.   You will be able to verify the targets are in fact in system through not just a stream, but an alt that I will arrange to have cleared as a scout due to my access as a Fleet Commander.  You can verify my time in service as an FC from my leading several major battles in Fountain, including 6vdt.
3.  Upon the first Titan dying you will send me another 30 billion.
4.  Upon the second Titan dying you will send me the last 30 billion.

Should you fail to kill one Titan you will only owe me for that 1 Titan.  Should you fail to kill either Titan through no fault of my own you will only owe me for the first two conditons.  Should you fail to kill said Titans because of some failure on my part it will render the contract null and I will return my initial fee.

If you are curious why I am offering this to you I plan to leave the CFC and open up shop as a private contractor and trainer so anyone who wants my services can have them.  I won't be bound to doing the CFC's dishes any more.

You have some time to consider this deal, however if arrangements are not made and you are ready to kill two Titans on this Saturday, your window of oppurtunity will be lost.

--------------------------------
Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Gevlon Goblin
Sent: 2014.05.28 03:52
To: Scooter McCabe,

Sorry, but 60B/titan is a bit high.

A not to expensively fit titan, with the basic insurance (you always get it, I got it for my dread in WH) means 90B loss to Goons. So I get 1.5 dead goon for 1 payment. At Marmite, I get 5 for 1!

--------------------------------
Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Scooter McCabe
Sent: 2014.05.28 04:03
To: Gevlon Goblin,

None of your math made sense there. If you are saying a not so expensively fit Titan is worth about 90 billion. And I am offering you one Titan at 60 billion then thats a savings of 30 billion. So two titans by your own account would be worth 180 billion while I only want 120 billion if you can kill the two I am offering.

Regardless I thought you said the man that dies rich dies disgraced. Or have you simply made yourself poor already?

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Gevlon Goblin
Sent: 2014.05.28 04:25
To: Scooter McCabe,
You mean they are unmanned and can be stolen? Then steal them yourself! Why do you need me?

------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Scooter McCabe
Sent: 2014.05.29 03:17
To: Gevlon Goblin,

I would suggest you slowly re-read my orginial mail to you. These are Titans in use and one is flown by The Mittani. You can blow them both up, I can help make that happen that's what you would be paying me a bounty for.

You will also be able to live stream a major strategic defeat for the CFC. Instead of a simple war of words via your writings on EVEnews24, you have an event that cannot be subjectively explained away.

Plus with Mittens losing his personal Titan and being popped I think the value of that would be evident.

I suggest you engage in some qualitative and quantative analysis. This should be a clear win win.

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Gevlon Goblin
Sent: 2014.05.29 04:19
To: Scooter McCabe,

A titans worth about 100B. I have to pay 60B to kill one. So for every billion ISK payment I get 1.67B dead Goons. When I give a billion to Marmite, they kill 6B Goons, Lemmings kill 5B. So simply your offer is too expensive.

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Scooter McCabe
Sent: 2014.05.29 04:42
To: Gevlon Goblin

My offer is a discount on a Titan kill. I would be getting you two. Your kill vs. isk ratio does not account for propaganda value. Especially given that Goons refute your campaign to kill all Goon Hi Sec Pocos. This would be something no one could refute and if they did they would like stupid.

Again I would encourage you to dicusss this with anyone else involved in your strategic desicion making. That being said everything that can happen will end on Saturday. Balk at this and I don't know if I can offer you the same oppurtunity in the future.

My Best Wishes As Always.

Scooter

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Gevlon Goblin
Sent: 2014.05.29 05:12
To: Scooter McCabe,

Goons are suggesting killing their own titan on the forum to get the 20B bounty and laugh. They can easily claim that they lost the titans on purpose to waste my money. No special propaganda value here.

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Scooter McCabe
Sent: 2014.05.29 05:16
To: Gevlon Goblin

Okay what is Mittani's acknowledged titan worth? No wait I'll tell you at least 60 billion. And intially im all asking is for 30 billion. If you lack the means just say so, I dont hold poverty against anyone.

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Gevlon Goblin
Sent: 2014.05.29 14:55
To: Scooter McCabe,

The titan of Mittani isn't more valuable than a titan of anybody else in the CFC.

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Scooter McCabe
Sent: 2014.05.29 19:25
To: Gevlon Goblin,

You're poor arent you?

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Modest Proposal.
From: Gevlon Goblin
Sent: 2014.05.30 04:05
To: Scooter McCabe,

Obviously I don't have infinite funds. But if I'd just get 120B, I could still easily find a better way to spend it than buying only two dead Goon titans. My usual mercs give me 5+ISK dead CFC for every ISK I pay. Your offer is 1.6ISK dead CFC for 1 ISK payment. Not really competitive.

--------------------------------
At this point the negotiations broke down for my utter sorrow.

1 comment:

Kesper North said...

I'd hardly describe myself as famous. You are too kind.

FYI: I won't be joining BASTN. Once the GENTS shutdown is complete, I'll be joining Goonwaffe. Had you told me when I started playing in 2008 that I would one day join Goonswarm, I'd have called bullshit. Now, there's no place I'd rather be.