Greedy Goblin

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

... and that's how I made 350B yesterday

Skill trading was deployed yesterday and with it unprecedented opportunity to make ISK at the expense of morons. For reasons unknown to me, they paid 350-400M + 300M empty extractor for 500K SP in Jita. Why they did it, I don't know, but if they buy, I sell:

OK, that's 300B. Where is the remaining 50? At first, as I mentioned they paid 650-700M in Jita. In Amarr, 700-750. In Dodixie, often 800. In Hek and Rens, close to 900. Of course not for long as I dumped my stocks and updated my orders often, by 5M each time. The premium between these hubs and Jita lasted for a few hours. This gave me 20B extra. Hauling full injectors was somewhat scary as I didn't usually run with such cargo, not even in my Tengu:

But the dumbest, most moronic business was with extractors. You can buy 10 extractors for 8000 AUR. You can convert a PLEX for 3500 AUR. So you can get 4.4 extractors for a PLEX. As you could buy PLEX from sell orders all day below 1300M, an extractor could be created for less than 295M. It's a risk- and work-free transformation: buy PLEX, redeem, buy extractors, redeem. I know that. You probably know that. Morons and slackers buying my extractors for 340 in Amarr, 350 in Dodi, 370 in Rens and 450!!! in Hek didn't, netting me the remaining sum and that's how I made 350B yesterday. Something tells me I won't have problem donating 2B a day to MoA and OOS.

PS: in nullsec hubs the prices were probably even higher, so transporting there was likely very profitable. Not for Batuka though.

PS2: there is another post for today: EXE in 2015.

10 comments:

nightgerbil said...

I had fun too... I flipped plex and used the isk to essentially get 3 months worth of training for my little galentte alt: shes gone from sitting in a shield tanked megathron, to a near full fit properly armour tanked tech 2 kronos. I'm 3 days off salvager V to fit the tech 2 salvagers to it. By all accounts my fun/isk/hour while missioning is about to go through the roof as if I just turned the games difficulty down from hard to beginner/intro.

Anonymous said...

Everybody and their mothers are predicting raising prices for the injectors. And a 1.5 billion PLEX (lower bound). I think CCP overpriced the injectors, but I guess I am wrong because New Eden is willing to pay much more for just the skill points.

Gevlon said...

I still can't understand why the skill package (injector-extractor) costs 350M, when everyone and his mother has SP that he doesn't use for anything. I sold 300M SP and I would have sold them even if the packages would go for 100M.

Easy Esky said...

350m? I predicted 322m base - I will accept that as near enough is good enough.

Terrorfrodo said...

So you sold like a dozen of your characters... congratulations. But these chars cost a fortune in money and/or PLEX and lots of time, so don't act like you conjured up monies out of thin air. ISK is fleeting. What good is the big number in the wallet?

Gevlon said...

No, I still have the characters and their needed functionality. Gevlon Goblin can just as well trade and fly a Tengu as before. What he cannot do is flying jump freighter that he does once a month or less and do industry that I didn't do in 2015. These skills cost me PLEX, but that cost is lost. Now I got it back.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the post. what program do you use ещ select unnecessary skills? evemon?

Anonymous said...

the previous record of plex sales for a 24 hour peroid was 6161.

apparently today 3068 PLEX were sold in Jita in the first 6 hours.

if they all were converted to Aurum and then to skill extractors then CCP took $46k from defered earnings and is now able to account it as income on the balance sheet.

not bad for a mornings work.

NuTroll said...

I feel like hannibal lecter in that scene where anthony hopkins eats the brains of ray liotta...

At least i can finally capitalize on that wasted 12m in training full leadership skills , but damnit i still have that worthless PI

Anonymous said...

$46k: 1 employee's annual salary. Its a balloon.