Greedy Goblin

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Once bitten, twice shy

I have clear evidence that Riot games rigs ranked games to give advantage to paying players. But I don't give you that evidence yet. You got to believe me. - yes, it sounds pathetic enough.

Maxim suggested the prudent thing: publish any partial result I have for "peer review". So you can not only verify, but further contribute to it. I won't, because Riot isn't a scientific object but a malicious actor which is obviously ready to protect itself from being exposed.

Currently I'm safe from their sabotage, because I'm a nobody with nothing. If they'd go after every dude on the internet who flamed them about Elo Hell, they'd need a much larger staff. "league of legends rigged" gives 300K hits and all the top hits are ridiculous whines. Also, doing malicious acts isn't as easy as it seems. Most people are not evil and even the "evil" ones can do good for fame and glory. I'm sure that 99% of Riot employees would truthfully claim: "to my knowledge LoL is a fair game and funded by vanity purchases of fans". A boss can't just give the order: "hey Joe, skew the games of Gevlon because he is on us", mostly because Joe has no idea that the games can be skewed - maybe outside of the prison that can be excused front of employees as "necessary evil to reform toxic players". Every employee knowing about the rigging is another chance of internal logs showing up on reddit.

If Riot devs read my blog - it's a pretty high traffic gaming blog - they don't know if I have anything against them or just flinging poo to excuse why am I not in platinum. As soon as they'd see the key point in print, they would personally intervene, just like CCP Falcon did when MoA started to flip Imperium Sov in 2015 July. Until I became a direct threat to his deals with Goons, he sat silent and hoped I just go away.

So I'm sorry for keeping you in suspense. It's not some nefarious plan, it's not for increasing traffic, it's merely to win time to get better results.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me guess. You have a high winrate, if you have a player with purchased SKINs in your grp

Darkgold said...

This sounds pretty ex-Communist to an American. They may rig against toxic people and leavers, there is a tiny chance that they would rig against you specifically. The only way they could rig against you is if you somehow exploited the ELO system, they would try to fix the exploit. But if somebody has a 60% winrate and claims "hey, I've broken the system" and drops to a 40% winrate, that's amazing confirmation. If you have a 60% winrate and fall to 55% or 50%, it's more likely that you just got as far as you could with your current skill/strategy/metagaming.

maxim said...

I'm curious as to why you think you are under any sort of time pressure.

Gevlon said...

@Anon: nope, they don't want to reward buyers, they want to reward RECENT buyers. That skin can be 5 years old.

@Darkgold: they might rig against toxic people and leavers but wouldn't rig for money? Sure. I dropped in winrate when I started dodging and this disappeared when I stopped dodging. That's indeed a proof. If you doubt it, test it. That's how peer reviewed science works. If you have no counterproof, you are just another troll.

@Maxim: because I'm mortal and every minute I spend on this is taken from the limited amount of minutes I have.

Anonymous said...

"As soon as they'd see the key point in print, they would personally intervene, just like CCP Falcon did when MoA started to flip Imperium Sov in 2015 July. Until I became a direct threat to his deals with Goons, he sat silent and hoped I just go away."

Show me 1 of Falcons deals with goons. Just one.


You are incredibly obsessed with someone who wrote one or two sentences about you on reddit.

Anonymous said...

Given that educating is one of the pillars of your blog, could you tell us what "failing to refute the null hypophysis" means?

I can not shake the feeling that your audience will need this soon enough.

Gevlon said...

How about the infamous propaganda book that Falcon promoted hardly using his official title and made CCP give Goons the IP for free. Mittens would have netted 30-40K for nothing if the people are gullible enough.

Gesh said...

Promoting a book is promoting a book and not a deal. Show a proof about a deal. You are sounding progressively like M&S

Gevlon said...

Promoting a book of ANOTHER COMPANY is a deal.